From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:27 AM
To: STMFC List
Subject: Re: [STMFC] HO scale 3D printed D&RGW gondolas

For $65 they are awfully crude. That brake chain (?) looks like it’s a foot thick (yes, I’m exaggerating).

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 12:50 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>

It is a nice looking car in the photos. I am tempted to buy one. Has anyone on this list tried these?

I wonder if this (3D printing) is the future of modeling, replacing resin casting. I've heard it said that it is hard to find people who can do good castings. Maybe we will end up replacing the hard-to-find resin casters with hard-to-find 3D designers.

Richard Townsend

Lincoln City, OR