Re: HO scale 3D printed D&RGW gondolas

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor wrote:

The Union Pacific and Southern Pacific also bought 46 foot, 70 ton GS gondolas
but much later - in the 1950's. All of them operated into California via the LA&SL,
SP, and WP. The Santa Fe also had large GS gondolas but they followed the "Caswell"
style of construction.

      The only SP GS cars in the late 1950s were wood-chip cars, much deeper than what we would think of as GS gons, though they did indeed have drop bottom doors. I'm not aware of UP being 46-foot GS gons either, though I'm not a UP freight car expert.
       Tim, what kind of cars did you  mean?

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history