From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:13 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [STMFC] HO scale 3D printed D&RGW gondolas

Since they are black, I suspect that he is casting his own cars at home. Hence the crude look. If he was using Shapeways and having them made in Frosted Ultra Detail, they would be translucent and the detail would be much finer.

Jack Burgess

From: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 12:50 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>

It is a nice looking car in the photos. I am tempted to buy one. Has anyone on this list tried these?

I wonder if this (3D printing) is the future of modeling, replacing resin casting. I've heard it said that it is hard to find people who can do good castings. Maybe we will end up replacing the hard-to-find resin casters with hard-to-find 3D designers.

Richard Townsend

Lincoln City, OR