Re: HO scale 3D printed D&RGW gondolas

Tim O'Connor

My bad. They were 41 foot cars. UP class G-70-5. The SP cars were only
50 ton, G-50-28. Why the SP opted for 50 ton cars so late seems odd... they
were certainly built more ruggedly than the previous GS gons.

Tim

      The only SP GS cars in the late 1950s were wood-chip cars, much deeper than what we would think of as GS gons, though they did indeed have drop bottom doors. I'm not aware of UP being 46-foot GS gons either, though I'm not a UP freight car expert.
       Tim, what kind of cars did you  mean?

Tony Thompson