From: Andy Carlson midcentury@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC <STMFC@...>
Sent: Thu, Jun 15, 2017 2:27 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Tank Car CIL 805

This car (or a sister) is a subject for one of the 1950s color slides often referred to as "the Gerstley Collection". It is, of course, a frameless Van Dyke tank car which the Monon acquired for company service. I had a brief discussion with Richard Hendrickson about this car and he noted that this was one of very few Van Dykes with AB brake conversions. Look at all of the brackets visible in the underside.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA