Re: Presence of Canadian Cars

Jim Betz

Jim,

  I don't doubt your numbers or references ... but I think that what I
picked up on during Tony's clinic at BAPM on Saturday is that
"20,000 cars" was not a huge percentage of the freight car fleet.
  I sure that the CN/CP considered it to be critical.  And the
resulting memos are appropriate actions (in order to correct it) -
but it still doesn't justify large numbers of Canadian cars on our
layouts if we are trying to represent.  If you are modeling the
twin cities area then you would want more than someone who
has a layout based in New Orleans ... but I think the number
would still be fairly small.

  Tony - do you agree?
                                                                                  - Jim B.