Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:44 AM
Subject: [STMFC] "PS-0" was Re: And the Very First Pullman PS1 was. . .

That's a sharp, in progress model Bill!

I was not able to attend the RPM (I am assuming this presentation was in St. Louis?), but this got me wondering about a couple of things:

I'm building an early P-S welded boxcar, Pere Marquette series 84000-84099 as shown on page 121 of the Million/Paton PM freight car book. This book's single builder photo is the only photo I know of these cars. They were acquired 01/1940, so I am assuming they were eventually painted in a C&O scheme, though no one at that society knows anything about these cars (and the PM society hasn't responded). Their 18 panel sides, early P-S type end and radial roof all combined is a neat departure among boxcars. Anyone here know of any in service photos of these PM/C&O cars?

My second wondering is, RP Cyc is ending publication?

Thanks!

jt burke
Marion, OH