Re: RI decals wanted

frograbbit602

Clark wrote, "friend is in need of the Rock Island 100 years of progress box car decals. He says he’s searched the current suppliers. Are they available? Does someone have a Champ set (if they made them) they’d part with? '

Howard Garner replied, " Have him check with Scale Model Supplies in St Paul. they bought the Camp Decal inventory.

Scale Modlel Supplies did purchase the final inventory of Camp Decal Company; however, not in sets.  The inventory was as it came from the printer prior to being broken into sets in packages.  Therefore, if you are looking for a set you must consult an old Champ Decal catalog to find the number of the Champ set you are looking for and provide Scale Models the set number.  Scale Model people will refer to the materials received from Champ that tell them how to put a decal set together from the printed decals sheets to see if the set requested can be made up.  If it can be made up Scale Models notifies you that the Champ set requested can be purchased.

How do I know this?  I have been through the process several times with success with some sets and not with others.

Lester Breuer

---In STMFC@..., <cascaderail@...> wrote :

> friend is in need of the Rock Island 100 years of progress box car decals. He says he’s searched the current suppliers. Are they available? Does someone have a Champ set (if they made them) they’d part with?
> Thanks!!
> Clark Propst
> Mason City Iowa

Have him check with Scale Model Supplies in St Paul. they bought the
Camp Decal inventory.

Howard Garner