Re: Terminology

Charles Peck

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 7:33 PM, 'Mike Brock' brockm@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

​

Of perhaps more interest to us, I can hardly wait to see the arguments
favoring "solid, plain and friction" bearings on our freight cars. And, of
course, what do you think about the term "Turnout"?

Mike Brock

​ Being known as a nonconformist or a gadfly (depending on your agreement with me),  I often use

​the term "babbitt bearing".  Or I might tell someone that crummy needs some brasses changed.

As for "turnout", I saw South Louisville Shops turnout a lot of rebuilt two bay hoppers.

Chuck Peck  (hiding somewhere in the redwoods this summer)