Re: Two more Gondolas with coiled end corrugations Plus a Hutchins end Gon

John Barry

Eric,

Thanks,  I've not had a chance to examine this on my larger screen.  Do you have a number series and know when they retired?  It would be a very interesting variation to model.  A little late in the same album is another photo with more of these unique ends plus another Hutchins ended gon.

John

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines 
Golden Gates & Fast Freights 
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696 

PO Box 44736 
Washington, DC 20026-4736

To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, July 2, 2017 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Two more Gondolas with coiled end corrugations Plus a Hutchins end Gon

John,
The Monon had a number of gondolas with this kind of pressed steel end reminiscent of a Van Dorn end. If you look closely at the gondola with this end, you can make out part of MONON in the shadow near the top left corner of the car.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On July 1, 2017 at 10:20 PM "John Barry northbaylines@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Two more of this distinctive end, spotted next to a composite gon with a Hutchins end.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines 
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696 

PO Box 44736 

To: STMFC YahooGroup
Sent: Saturday, July 1, 2017 6:07 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Gondola with coiled end corrugation

In the Wabash album of the Barrenger collection is this gondola with a very unusual end corrugation.  Looks like a coiled form was used to press the continuous corregation.  Any ideas whose car this is?  The same pattern end is on the opposite end as you can see the hollow side.  I think I found a project for my vaccuform!

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines 
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696 

PO Box 44736 

Posted by: John Barry

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.