Re: questions regarding H0 scale W&R tank car, specific offering

Bruce Smith

Johannes,

Given that I don’t model MKT, I have no idea ;)  However, if I were to hazard a guess, that looks like early lettering, so probably pre WWII.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Jul 2, 2017, at 6:25 AM, j.markwart@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Many thanks, Bruce. One more issue: -for how long would the lettering M.K.&T.Ry have been in use? All engines and rolling stock I have seen at pictures of the transition era were lettered just MKT or "The Katy" - but I am by now means an expert on this.

Many greetings

Johannes

Gesendet: Sonntag, 02. Juli 2017 um 03:19 Uhr
Von: "'Bruce F. Smith' smithbf@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...>
An: "STMFC@..." <STMFC@...>
Betreff: Re: [STMFC] questions regarding H0 scale W&R tank car, specific offering

Johannes,

That car would really probably only be appropriate for someone modeling MKT.  Railroad owned tanks cars rarely if ever made it off line.  They were typically in some sort of company service, although a small number were used in commercial interchange service.

Regards

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL