Re: Terminology


Technically correct, but practically incorrect.  This time around, Tony and most of the others got it right.

Even the civil engineers called turnouts switches much (most?) of the time.  And transportation people never call it a turnout.

I'm switching channels- 'till next time.

Robert Simpson
ex-conductor & RR suit including manager for track multiple improvement projects...

---In STMFC@..., <wcfn100@...> wrote :

Here are the track specs.  Notice they are for UP and BNSF.

The section of track is called a turnout.  The switch is the movable part of the turnout.  It's even labeled right in the drawings.

Why this is so hard to grasp, baffles the mind.

Jason Kliewer
Colorado Springs, CO

Join to automatically receive all group messages.