Re: Strawberry Shipping Vignette in Plant City, Fla. in 1926

O Fenton Wells

Oh I thought you were talking about strawberry vinaigrette dressing.  Thought maybe you were having a dinner salad.  ;>)
Fenton

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I tried to create a vignette of the Strawberry Rush in Plant City, Fla in 1926 with these links. The first is beside the covered shed showing farmers unloading their vehicles with fresh strawberries, perhaps to be loaded into the WFEX reefer spotted there. By this time Western Fruit would have existed for three years after being formed to pooled their cars w/Fruit Growers. People will likely get hungry while working so there is a diner nearby.

http://digitalcollections.hcplc.org/digital/collection/p15391coll1/id/2176/rec/4

Meanwhile under the shed strawberries are being placed into shipping crates.

http://digitalcollections.hcplc.org/digital/collection/p15391coll1/id/4410/rec/2

Near the shed is the Philadelphia based Kruse's office and strawberry packing plant in Plant City, Fla.

http://digitalcollections.hcplc.org/digital/collection/p15391coll1/id/2188/rec/12

Bill Welch

--
Fenton Wells