Re: Equalized Trucks in HO

Jim Betz

Matt,

  That's true ... but when the spring is considerably compressed then isn't it
the -distance- in the number of turns that comes in to play more than simply
the number turns?
  I do know this - when I cut the spring in half it created less pressure on the
truck which created less pressure on the bolster which made it a truck that
was more likely to rock/tilt on the bolster.
  Perhaps I just got lucky and hit that magic point where the spring is
just right and it is only pressing on the truck+bolster joint when it is
significantly rocked ... *G*
                                                                                                        - Jim B.