Re: Two more Gondolas with coiled end corrugations Plus a Hutchins end Gon

John Barry

Dennis, Ray,

Thank you both!

Checking the Jan 45 ORER, the post war depletion had yet to occur with the following:

CIL 31000, GB, 292 cars
CIL 32400, GS, 743
CIL 33300, GS, 233

SOO 63801, GB, 496 wood floor, 1 steel floor
SOO 7001, GB, 249

The inward facing pressings on the 7001 series reduced the inside length and capacity compared to the other cars 40'10 vice 41'6 for the rest with a commensurate reduction in cubic capacity.

For my Christmas 44 layout, it seems reasonable that I could see one of the 1268 Monon or 746 SOO cars.

It could be an interesting model.

John

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines