From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2017 4:26 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Automobile Shipping

Thanks Bruce,

I've seen the replies in the past that the info is in conversation history and in the photos section, and I think "what a newbie". Until now when it is my turn! Ya know, I searched all 3 "Misc" and "Miscellaneous" folders, plus searched prior message history back to 2001. Nada. Did find a scan of an auto-rack loading damage form though in the photo section. Lots of pictures of model Auto cars.

A Google search found 2 pictures of actual boxcar loading in the 30's-40's, but no unloading.

So maybe the question is, were Automobile boxcars actually used to deliver cars from the factory to the dealers for any length of time? I figured there would be more images out there if they were.

Attempting to keep the rolling stock fleet balanced and find a use of all these automobile boxcars I tend to build/acquire.

Thx,

RJ Dial

Burlingame, CA

---In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, <smithbf@...> wrote :

​RJ,

There are several photos in the Miscellaneous album on the group page. There include an N&W automobile car with the Evans loaders down and in position to receive a car as well as a photo with the car loaded in the upper position.

A search of the Conversations of this group will also yield much more information.

Regards

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL

_____