Re: Square Wire for Vertical Brake Staffs

mwbauers

Square brass wire, also NS wire and if you'd care to use it, square silver wire is a stock supply in the fine arts jewelry makers supply stores.

It's quite possible that our past hobby suppliers of the stuff sourced it from them.

Mike Bauers

On Jul 9, 2017, at 7:15 PM, "destorzek@mchsi.com [STMFC]" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Where square stock was universally used was drop brakes on flatcars, since the whole staff had to slip through the ratchet wheel, and should be functional at any point between fully raised to fully retracted.

Special Shapes Co. used to have .020" square brass, which at a scale 1.75" square, was about the perfect size. I used some on a flatcar model years ago.