Re: weathering decals

Tim O'Connor

Tony

Excellent! I've wondered about those decals - I agree they are mostly for post-1960
modelers but clearly they work very well.

Tim O'Connor

      Something that is used by many modern-era freight car modelers, but seems unknown to most steam-era modelers, and of which I was only vaguely aware until Collinsville last month, is decal weathering for all kinds of streaking, from gray and black to rust. I bought a set of Weathering Solutions decals at Collinsville and have tried them out, leading to a blog post about the results. If you're interested, here is a link to that post:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2017/07/using-weathering-solutions-decals.html

Tony Thompson