Re: Prototypes for Precision Scale 65-foot mill gon?

Todd Horton

Rich, thanks I was just having some fun. I'm not sure how PSC missed that one but they did

Todd Horton

From: "SUVCWORR@... [STMFC]"
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Prototypes for Precision Scale 65-foot mill gon?

Todd,

Then your car is painted incorrectly.  Freight cars were not painted Dark Green Locomotive Enamel aka Brunswick Green aka DGLE often mistaken for black.  Fregiht cars were painted in PRR terminology Fregiht Car Color which was an iron sesquioxide based paint --  red orange when first manufacturered as FCC changed over time see   http://pennsyrr.com/index.php/general/172-paints   The only freight cars painted black were open top hoppers beginning with the H36 in the mid 50's

Rich Orr