Re: What type of industry is this, at the inclined ramp

Jerry Breon

While I agree with the majority of group members that the incline ramp in the photo below is leading to a small, steam locomotive coaling facility, I'm wondering if there were ever any similar facilities of this era that existed for the purpose of transferring bulk commodities (coal, sand, gravel, etc.) from one freight car to another or if the need to do so even existed?

Thanks,

Jerry Breon

Mooresville, NC

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:27 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Claus Schlund" clausschlund

Hi List Members,

What type of industry is this, at the inclined ramp, being served by steam era freight cars on the C&NW?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12294845895/sizes/o/

Claus Schlund