WestRail ERIE or CN Boxcar Kit

Layout Tour

Almost 3 years ago now I was reading Tony Thompson’s tribute to his friend Richard Hendrickson and noticed that Richard and his wife had started WestRail.  I was one of his clients and purchased several WestRail kits.  These were Athearn Blue Box kits for which he provided all the detail parts, decals or dry transfers, resin castings, and several pages of detailed instructions to turn the car into a great model. It was just like reading one of his articles in RMJ or MRing except now you had everything to do it.  I used two of them for my NMRA submission for a Master Builder - Cars certificate and they both earned Merit Awards.

I have a kit for an ERIE Boxcar I never started.  It has decals with the small herald.  I also have the resin castings for National Steel Car Co. ends for Canadian National  built 1939-1945 and the instructions unique for those cars, but no lettering for them.  These ends can be used to modify the same kit for the CN.  If you are interested in trying either of these cars or would like to see photos of the kit, please email me.  It’s $15 and $3.50 for shipping.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk VA