Re: Ajax brake wheel size.

There are 5 malleable ( cast ) versions of the Ajax 22" vertical brake wheel. These would apply for most of the time period of this list. The first 2 are rare and were only applied to very early gears from the '26 period. I know of only 3 versions of the forged ( stamped ) wheel with 2 coming in at the end of our period of interest. I would very much like to see or be directed to any documentation of any other wheel versions. Gears, that's another story.

As to the original question, all vertical wheel power hand brakes use 22" wheels except for a small number of early outlier wheel / gear variants. None of these outliers has been produced in model form or are likely to be.

Dan Smith