Rio Grande help, please

Schuyler Larrabee

No, not changing roads here, but a friend’s asked me to paint a car for Rio Grande MOW.  He says that the equipment was painted silver, and he’s got direct memories of seeing this equipment before the cutoff of this list, so I have to put at least some credence into what he’s telling me.

But the photos I’ve seen suggest that the silver involved wouldn’t be the bright silver that, for instance, ATSF used on the PA trucks, nor the Burlington used on the painted parts of their Es.  It appears to me to be a more grayed-down silver-ish color.  There must be some folks here who can advise me on this, perhaps off line . . . or not.  MOW is freight, after all, according to list rules as I understand them.

Schuyler