Re: KOTX triple dome tank car converted to two dome tank.

Tony Thompson

I hate to bother the list, but believe I saw a prototype photo of a KANOTEX
tank car that looked originally to be a three dome tank car that had been
converted to two domes, but I cannot find the url again. Any one familiar
with this? Also. anyone know the manufacturer of this model? The data
shows it to be an 80,000 gallon tank.

     Jerry, I have a scan of this photo and can send it to you off-list. I am pretty sure it was either built as a two-compartment car or was converted from a single-compartment car, judging by visible details.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history