Re: MA & PA SS boxcar

Benjamin Hom

Brad Andonian asked:
"I am seeking an image of these cars.    They are ex-MILW and I wish to confirm the herald and lettering is yellow.
The link below is obviously not the car, but may have the correct herald.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lima-HO-Scale-50-MA-PA-Box-Car-/382184322344

One car, M&PA 1155 (ex-MILW 710444), in service on the Ma & Pa in August 1944.  Later converted to idler car X2 (3rd) in October 1970.  I suspect this car was wrecked on the Ma & Pa and placed in revenue service after it was paid off.

I really doubt this car received the herald in the example, as it was applied to steel boxcars after this car was rebuilt into X2.

Ben Hom