Re: Barber vs ASF in HO

Tim O'Connor

Red Caboose made an excellent Barber S2. Exactrail makes an S2 as well.
Neither one has the complete brake beam detail found on Kato, Tahoe, and
Kadee trucks.

Tim O'Connor

Hi all, my WP modeling asks for two different plankless 50 ton trucks under one type of box car model (WP 20201-20550).
WP 20201-20350 had Barber S2 trucks and WP 20351-20550 had ASF A-3 trucks.
I've bought Branchline (Atlas) S-2's and Kato A-3's because these represent the prototypes best with their typical diagonal inner beam supports.
The Branchline S-2 truck has the thinner spring support and the Kato A-3 truck the thicker one.
However; the Kadee 562 A-3 truck might be a bit finer in the details than the Kato. Are there any other options for the Branchline S2, since the journal boxes are a bit skinny. Your thoughts are appreciated.
best regards,
Fred Jansz