Re: AAR Car Type Codes

Al Kresse <water.kresse@...>

Thanks Ian!  I have a 1965 and 1967 C&O ORER.  Are the codes explained in the full ORER books?

Al Kresse . . . . new to this modern stuff (from when I was training to go to Vietnam actually)

On August 13, 2017 at 5:26 PM "Ian Cranstone lamontc@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

On 2017-08-13, at 4:38 PM, Al Kresse water.kresse@... [STMFC] wrote:

I know this is stretching the era limits for the group, but when did the A.A.R. add A.A.R. Car Type Codes like A220, A400, B220, etc.  to FC ORER's in addition to their mechanical designations XAP, etc.?

These were listed for many years in the back of the ORER... the earliest listing I could find was in the October 1966 issue.

Ian Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada