From: STMFC@... on behalf of WILLIAM PARDIE PARDIEW001@... [STMFC]
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 1:29 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] ATSF Tk-N Tk-O tank car models

One of the cars in my "TO BE UPGRADED"  pile is a Tk-O tank car from Division Point.  I purchased a photo of car number 98040 with a build date of 1963 from Bob's. The car is banded for DIESLE FUEL and the photo was taken in 1957,  What has held up my progress on this project are anti-slip strips placed around the dohme.  The pattern of the strips is not clear in the photo.  I would also like to know if the strips were on the car as delivered or added later.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Pardi
On Aug 13, 2017, at 7:43 AM, Charles Slater atsfcondr42@... [STMFC] wrote:

There are two major things wrong with their ad. First the side running boards WERE NOT DIAMOND PLATE steel but open grid steel the same as the dome platforms. Second the Tk-O is the same as the Tk-N and not the TK-M. I have sent the corrections to San Juan Car Co. and they said samples should arrive shortly and they think everything will be OK, otherwise we will have another bad model.
Charlie Slater

Bakersfield, Ca.

Sent from Outlook