Re: SS BADGER

Tim O'Connor

Anyone recognize the gondola? I see what looks like a plain white
circular herald. Could it be a DM&IR mill gondola?

Tim O'

Let's take this SS Badger discussion full circle back to this list.  Here is a photo that I uploaded to the Group Files from the Mailer-Luedke Collection showing a component of the Skinner Unaflow engines being shipped to Christy Corporation in Sturgeon Bay, Wisc on the Ahnapee & Western Railway. The trailing gondola has some steel sub-assemblies that look an awful lot like boat parts as well.  Christy was building the Badger and the Spartan at the time of this incident. The load met with some discomfort in a curve near Forestville, Wisc and ended up as shown.

https://xa.yimg.com/df/STMFC/Badger-componentAWRwy_c1951.jpg

Enjoy!
Andy L.
Cedar Rapids, IA