Re: In search of Optivisor recommendations

william darnaby

Well...I wouldn't call my vision good.  I am also near sighted in my left eye and really near sighted in my right eye since youth plus an astigmatism.  I need glasses to drive.  For decades my right eye was my close up modeling eye until, with age I guess, I couldn't focus anymore on detail for my steam era freight cars.  The cheap reading glasses fixed that.  My eye doc concurred with my solution.  Your mileage my vary, of course, and it won't cost you a dime to try on a pair at the store.

Bill Darnaby

From: "'Schuyler Larrabee' schuyler.larrabee@... [STMFC]"
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:44 PM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: In search of Optivisor recommendations

Wayne, they may work very well for those whose vision is otherwise good, just magnifying things so they can be seen.  But for those of us who are nearsighted, farsighted (and Bill, who’s remarkably one of each!!), or have astigmatism, and have to wear glasses to get out of bed safely in the morning, the Optivisor or equivalent is pretty much the only solution.

Schuyler

I agree with William - Walmart 3x reading glasses for $5 or so.  Work great.

--

Wayne Cohen

Posted by: "Schuyler Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee@...>

<*> Your email settings: