Re: Special Equipment Directory

Al Kresse <water.kresse@...>

The C&O had Gypsum Board bulkhead flats.  They had special lockers to store the tarps, etc. to keep the boards dry.

Al Kresse

On August 21, 2017 at 8:26 AM "fgexbill@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

My interest in finishing my model of a GSC GM&O Bulkhead Flat has resulted in an interest in the shipping of Drywall. In communication with a GM&O person he mentioned that the handling of their BHF cars were subject to the RR's "Special Equipment Directory."

So now I am wondering if other RR's had Special Equipment Directories or similar documents that spelled out how their Bulkhead flats were to be handled, specifically the Southern Pacific, Santa Fe, and B&O, three other railroads with fleets of Bulkhead Flats for transporting Drywall?

Bill Welch