Re: Intro Dates for C&BT, IMWX, and InterMountain 1937 Modified Kits

destorzek@...

All between 1986 and about 1992 or so. I was in Dick's shop when they were working on tooling for the AAR car, looking for a source of toolmaking services for what was to become the Accurail line.

The IMWX kit came out a couple years after Intermountain, tooled by Intermountain for one of the original partners.

Not sure about Intermountain's own car, likely shortly after Front Range failed.

Sorry I can't ger any closer on the dates.

Dennis Storzek

---In STMFC@..., <fgexbill@...> wrote :

Can someone here recall please the precise years that the following styrene kits were introduced to the market for sale:

The C&BT 40-foot steel car with a range of doors, roof, and ends to model the AAR boxcars built beginning in 1944.

The Innovative Model Works kit to model the Standard 1937 AAR 40-foot steel boxcar.

The InterMountain Modified 1937 AAR kit.

I will use this information in the 2018 clinic I am planning. Thank you.

Bill Welch