Re: URTX and MILW, M&StL, SOO, C G W leased reefers: A Pool Arrangement?

Ray Breyer

>>I'm fascinated that citrus loads originated on some Northern roads: CGW? SOO? Big Four?
>>What kind of citrus, and originating where?
>>Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

I threw that statistic in to throw people for a loop, as I'm sure that the carloads were generated from large wholesale gathering points and resold (although there is some lemon production in Southern IL).
But anything's possible. There were 35 acres of greenhouses dedicated to winter cucumber production around Cleveland before WWI, so there could have been something similar for fruit.
Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL