Re: Shorpy pic Omaha railyard 1938

Tim O'Connor

Really, Yarmouth? I thought that was a Sunshine kit, and soon to be
the Rapido plastic model.

Tim O'

Bill,

You mean the car with the brakeman riding the side ladder, coupled to RI 79609? My interpretation of that is that the car has a very weathered double board roof, with most of the paint worn off the flat surfaces of the roof sheathing boards and running boards. I think the remaining paint in the grooves of the boards is causing an optical illusion of corrugations.

The NP car to the right is offered as a kit from Yarmouth Model Works.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Minot, ND

http://www.shorpy.com/files/images/SHORPY-8b14203a.jpg