Re: DANGEROUS CRUDE OIL

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 9/16/2017 8:43 AM, Brian Ehni bpehni@... [STMFC] wrote:

1942. WW2 & sabotage were high in everybody's mind.

    RPO postal workers* were armed way past WWII, see pictures of RPOs in that era.  Most photos I've seen (limited) of that era for guards etc. show side arms (probably 38s) so the shot gun is a little unusual.   We would want to get this right for our STMFC  yards:-)!

* my dad worked in the PO all his life and in the late 40s many/most/all POs had weapons in them.  Dad showed me the 44 he had behind the PO clerk window.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941