From: "okladivjohn@... [STMFC]"
To: "STMFC@..."
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: ATSF Bx-3

My first impression of the photo was I did not clearly see the vertical frame members which are common on the BX-3,6 classes.  I can barely make out the breaks in the nailing strip.

The corrugated (not dreadnought) end was also on the BX-8 and one end of the BX-7 demo car. BX-9,10 had the dreadnought style ends.

I only later noticed that the nailing strip did line up with the horizontal strip on the door for the BX-3,6 but does not line up on the BX-8.  The nailing strip on the BX-3,6 runs under the herald and above the reporting marks and the BX-8 nailing strip runs under the reporting marks and above the car number.  The photo matches BX-3,6 details.

Also looking at the sill step - the BX-8 style does not match the photo but the BX-3,6 does.

So my suggestion that the photo could have been a BX-8 does not fit the details observed after closer examination.

To John, your identification does match BX-3,6 details.

John B. Moore, Jr.
Albuquerque