Dave & Libby Nelson <muskoka@...>
As a favor to Jeff English, I included the Rutland data in some copying I
did this afternoon -- transfered it to my standard excel format for this
kind of data and posted it to the files list here at egroups.
There are 5 worksheets:
- Commodity data as reported to the ICC
- Computed commodity carloadings by movement type
- A paretto list of commodity carloads for originated movements
- A paretto list of commodity carloads for terminated movements
- A paretto list of commodity carloads for bridge movements
There are only two assumptions present in the data:
- I have assumed LCL tonnage per car as 5 tons, which seems to correspond
well enough to AAR data.
- I have assumed tons/per car remains constant w/o regard to movement type
(i.e., same tonnage for bridge movement as inbound).
As I know nothing of the Rutland I can't say if anything in the data is a
surprise. Jeff, what say you?