Re: And the weight of the cast truck is? Bolster? (was Weight Of A Freight Car Wheel?)

Jack Mullen

It appears that the Terminating Truck is a swing-motion truck - You can see the parallel transoms and bolster between them at 2:01 in the clip. It should have significantly more mass than the standard three-piece truck, though one of those would have been just as effective.

Of course, Dave's question was about WEIGHT, so while it's falling, almost zero.

BTW, I've heard and used the expression "I feel like I've been hit by a truck", but it never had that much impact.

Jack Mullen