Re: Drop Grab Irons

Tim O'Connor

I agree with Ben - very low BENEFIT/WORK ratio for replacing the Bowser
grabirons on their covered hoppers. They'll never look as good as Intermountain
kits but for the price and amount of effort, they look just fine.

Tim O'Connor

Honestly?  There aren't any on the aftermarket.  Besides, think of all those broken Intermountain/Branchline/Proto 2000/etc. grabs and detail parts down at the club - I've never been satisfied with either durability or appearance of drop grabs on higher end styrene kits.  You'd be better off keeping the Bowser parts as-is, which are actually quite nice.

Ben Hom