Re: K-Brake Or AB-Brake?

Bruce Smith

Rob,

“Power hand brake” does not require that it be a horizontal shaft handbrake. ;)  There were vertical shaft power handbrakes.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Oct 30, 2017, at 9:18 AM, rule292@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I guess the question is, was there an ARA/AAR rule change that mandated power hand brakes and when was it made effective for cars built new or cars that were rebuilt of shopped for repairs?

I would think this would be one of the factors determining factor for hand brake usage.

Can't seem to find the answer googling and I can't recall it from any discussion or from Car Builders Cycs.

Rob Mondichak