Re: The UTLX X tankers

Bruce Smith

Tony,

That’s what I get for trying to be inclusive ;)  Nope, no evidence.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Oct 30, 2017, at 3:22 PM, Tony Thompson tony@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Bruce Smith wrote:

In part I based this on post #135723 by Elden Gatwood, as well as repeated references by others over the years on this list that ARA class II/ICC class 102  . . .

      Bruce, I've never seen any indication that the ICC takeover of the former ARA tank car standards included a class called "ICC 102." Do you have documentation on that? You are of course correct that if they HAD done so, they would have called ARA Class II by the name ICC 102.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history