Re: No such thing... Reverse Creco doors

Tim O'Connor

Ted

So the doors were not manufactured by Creco? I always thought that was the
origin of the term - that they referred to the door manufacturer, rather than
the car manufacturer.

I had a bugaboo once, but it died.

Tim O'

This one is a big bugaboo for me. There is no such thing as a reverse Creco door. Call it a Carbuilder's door, please. The doors used on the CGW ARA box cars and on some of the B&M/MTC ARA-design box cars (single sheathed and double sheathed [steel]) are both what people typically are referring to when using that term that I won't repeat.

Cheers,
Ted