Re: ICC 105 tanks and BLI 6k tank

devansprr

Thanks Tony - The Jan '43 ORER lacks the TPI, so it must have been added somewhere in that 18 month window.

I do have Al W's Jan '45 ORER CD with the TPI class - so that should answer my question. I notice Ethyl went from 246 cars to 342 cars in two years - most of them 6k 105A300's.

Sorry about the ARA/AAR - I am working a current AAR initiative, so in trying to make sure I don't use ARA in a meeting, I try to use ARA for modeling and AAR for work, especially since a lot of WWII rolling stock was based on ARA designs.

Dave Evans

---In STMFC@..., <tony@...> wrote :

Dave Evans wrote:

TPI wasn't included in the tank car type table in editorial section of the '43 ORER, and the ARA/ICC cross reference shows TM for type 105 (Footnote says to add I to the tank car class if insulated, so that would make it TMI for type 105.)

       This may be true, but in my July 1944 ORER there definitely IS a listing for TP tank cars. And by the way, after 1934, the ARA had become the AAR, so we are talking about AAR car classes.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history