Re: ICC 105 tanks and BLI 6k tank

Garth Groff or Sally Sanford <sarahsan@...>

Dave,

Most of Ethyl cars were carrying tetra-ethyl, a VERY heavy commodity, which is probably why 6K tanks were used. I saw a lot of these still running on the WP in the 1970s, and most dated back into our period. I think they were all insulated.

Question, due to the heavy weight of this chemical, did these cars have heavier trucks and maybe other beefed up construction, or was the small gallonage enough compensate for the load.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 11/5/17 3:33 PM, devans1@... [STMFC] wrote (in part):

. . . I do have Al W's Jan '45 ORER CD with the TPI class - so that should answer my question. I notice Ethyl went from 246 cars to 342 cars in two years - most of them 6k 105A300's. . . .

Dave Evans