Re: Very Small Chain

Dennis Storzek

---In STMFC@..., <fgexbill@...> wrote :

Everyone, initially I am going to experiment w/0.010 wire and go to 0.008 if necessary. For the brake lever attachment I like to use a very short section of wire attached thru the lever that works like a little hook. I use CA to hold the chain to the hook. The trick will be how to attach this very small chain to the rod, where I prefer to use .012 wire. Same problem with brake gear on "B" end. I will take photos to share when I get around to it.

Bill Welch

Seems to me, Bill, that if an eye formed on the end of the rod won't slip through the end link if the chain, the link could be soldered to the flat end of the rod, and look just like a forged eye. Is the chain brass?

Dennis Storzek