Re: UP Boxcar Paint and Lettering

Tony Thompson

As Tim O'Connor observed, we know from their contest with MRH how solid is UP's grasp of trademark law.
Tony Thompson

On Nov 22, 2017, at 8:29 PM, Dick Harley dick.harley4up@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

While I won't debate Tony Thompson's words regarding the law, UP has continued to put the Overland Banner Medallion on a very few boxcars every few years up until at least a decade ago.  I don't keep track of contemporary railroading very well.

I would also remind readers of this list that my clinic from seven years ago about UP Freight Car Painting & Lettering is on my SmugMug site at:

While I do not mention the Overland Banner trademark protection medallions in that clinic because they are so rare, there is plenty of info about common UP painting and lettering practices that may be of interest to all readers of this group.

I plan to give an updated version of that clinic at RPM Chicagoland 2018.

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving,
Dick Harley
Laguna Beach,  CA