Re: Dump cars

Dennis Storzek

---In STMFC@..., <oandle@...> wrote :

Richard,
  I was looking through my 1942 Railway Engineering and Maintenance Cyclopedia and found a section on side dump cars. Magor and Differential Steel Car Co. made side dumps similar in appearance to the Walthers Car. Maybe you can use the Walthers car as a stand in for your date of 1958. I don't know what exactly makes the "more modern car" substantially different from the 1942 cars. Maybe others can chime in on that.
Bob Weston

The Walthers cars are a welded prototype, and larger than most the old riveted cars.

Dennis Storzek