LV Oak Island Yard 1939

Layout Tour

Heres a link to a Shorpy photo titled: rail yard, Newark, April 1939  I think many of you will find interesting if you haven’t seen it, and a friend believes this is the Lehigh Valley’s Oak Island yard.  The LV hopper interiors really jumped out at me, especially the variations in the interior bracing and ends.  Too bad it didn’t catch the whole interior on the 1st car with the wood slope sheet.  The interiors of the RDG and other gondolas also provide some great ideas for modeling the junk left in them.

http://www.shorpy.com/node/22788?size=_original#caption

Chuck Davis

Norfolk, VA