Data for Wine Commodity Flows

Charles Hostetler

Hello Group,

Tony Thompson's talk at RPM Chicagoland this last October got me interested in rail shipments of wine.  I've compiled a bunch of data, and am documenting the wine commodity flow in the late steam era (1950 through 1960) in a series of blog posts, trying to take the topic from raw prototype data to completing a reasonable replica of this traffic flow on my layout setting.  Those interested can find the first two parts here:

http://cnwmodeling1957.typepad.com/cnwmodeling/2017/12/commodity-flows-in-the-late-steam-era-wine-part-1.html

and

http://cnwmodeling1957.typepad.com/cnwmodeling/2017/12/commodity-flows-in-the-late-steam-era-wine-part-2.html

Part 1 discusses the national statistics (car types, weights, and line haul distances), and Part 2 discusses the state-to-state distributions.

Regards,

Charles Hostetler

Washington Ill.