From: STMFC@... on behalf of Tony Thompson tony@... [STMFC]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:55:40 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Adhesive for Plano Roof Walks

Canopy glue, best by far. CA will eventually let loose with expansion and contraction, canopy glue will stay glued, it's flexible. Voice of experience.
Tony Thompson

On Dec 18, 2017, at 8:19 PM, 'Schuyler Larrabee' schuyler.larrabee@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Looking for counsel . . .

A couple of securements:

Roofwalk to car

Latitudinals to brass subframe

Subframe to roofwalk

Plano recommends CA.  I’ve heard (read) that some prefer canopy glue.  I have tried tinning the brass subframes and then attempting to solder on the latitudinals, without notable success.  Stainless doesn’t like to be soldered to, apparently, unless I should use a different flux.  (?)

Recommendations welcome.

Schuyler